| Winnebago County Farm Bureau History
The first meeting to organize a Farm Bureau in Winnebago County was held at Memorial Hall in
Rockford, on Saturday afternoon, May 8, 1920. On June 12, 1920, there was a formal organization of
Farm Bureau with a total of 947 members.
Officers were nominated and elected as follows: E. F. Derwent , President; R. S. Bradt, Vice
President; W. H. Mackey, Secretary-Treasurer; with the following Executive Committee: E. C.
Burch, Winnebago; C. E. Austin, Rockton; G. F. Tullock, Rockford; George Atwood, Roscoe; S. E.
Hoisington, Stillman Valley; and Ashley Hartman, Davis.
Since the initial organization of the Winnebago County Farm Bureau there have been 17 Presidents
1920-1924 E.F. Derwent
1924-1935 George Tullock
1935-1938 Clarence Wishop
1938-1947 Everett C. Phelps
1947-1950 T.E. Derwent
1954-1958 George H. Johns
1958-1961 Clare Clover
1961-1962 Martin Doty
1962-1969 Ellis Greene
1969-1974 Floyd Dickinson
1974-1977 Robert Winters
1977-1981 Steve Shade
1981-1983 Ralph Frantz
1983-1986 Dennis Wilke
1986-1993 Robert Phelps
1993-2005 Larry Larson
2005-2012 Earl Williams